Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

Today's Treadlette Tuesday features our newest Treadlette, Olivia!


"I started sewing when I was 9. My grandma and my mom taught me. I always preferred to sew with my grandma because I didn't like listening to my mom at that age. She would help me with my projects for 4H."

"I have worked at Treadle for about a year and a half but I've frequented Treadle since I was a baby with my mom! I have fond memories hanging out in the store, playing with the toys, organizing buttons and straightening ribbon."

"I haven't tried a wide range of projects yet so I'm not sure what my favorite thing to sew is just yet. My favorite fabric to wear is knit because it's comfortable but can still look cute and put together. I also love the drape and feel of rayon but hate that it wrinkles and shrinks!"

"My most recent projects haven't been anything too exciting. I've hemmed pants and made little burp cloths for friends having babies. My favorite project was a shirt that made for 4-H one year in middle school. It was black with white polka dots in a peasant top with red buttons. I won a blue ribbon on it and felt very proud. Sometimes I still wish I had that shirt and that it fit me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment