Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Treadle Make Tuesday: Bernie's Vintage Shirt

Every Tuesday we share projects from Treadle Yard Goods employees (a.k.a. The Treadlettes) and our customers and fans!

Veteran sewist Bernie Graham made this classic shirt from a vintage pattern. It's full of great details! He sized this pattern up in our Resize Your Pattern class - watch for it in an upcoming schedule!  


Bernie used a red contrast fabric inside the cuffs and other hidden areas. 



Bright red buttons tie it all together!


Want to be featured on Treadle Make Tuesday? Send us a photo or tag us in your post! (We will always ask before we share.)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work and a lovely shirt. Style-wise it reminds me of the vintage (late 60s - early 70s) Pendleton wool shirt I have that was my father's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern was copyright 1943. I did, in fact, copy the collar and cuffs from one of my old Pendelton shirts.

      Delete