Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

Today let's chat with longtime Treadlette Anne! Anne started at Treadle in 1979, making her one of our longest-running Treadlettes.


Anne started sewing way back in 7th grade Home Ec. She made a gingham apron and a dress. "But I wasn't defeated yet," she says. Her mother also sewed and they spent long sewing weekends up North working on projects. Sounds like bliss to me!

Anne spent years enjoying sewing from designer patterns such as Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, Adri, and Issey Miyake. "Their simple styles appealed to me and I made them up in linens and cottons. I still use these patterns once in a while.

"But I have become very fond of quilting - I love putting color and pattern together! It's a lot like jigsaw puzzles - my very favorite pastime!"

Anne made this fabulous quilt a few years ago from a Tula Pink fabric bundle. Her beautifully precise construction really set off these zingy bright fabrics!


Anne also loves making Christmas stockings. "They range from elegant pieced styles with lace and tassels to very silly felt stockings for my special canine and feline buddies."

One of Anne's favorite techniques is bias bindings. "I love making bias bindings. I've even gone so far as to convince co-workers that their projects needs this extra touch just so I could make it for them!"

Current projects? "I'm working on a pieced table runner. I had intended to use only what I had in my stash, but you all know how that goes."

Recently Anne moved to a town a bit father away from Treadle, so she isn't working with us as often. But you'll still see her on the occasional weekend! Be sure to say hi!

You can read previous posts in our Get To Know Us series here! And look for more every Treadlette Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment